As you may know, the Bull Dog Alumni Association is an all-volunteer organization that relies on its members to keep the spirit of our alma mater alive. We are growing and with so many new members on board, we thought an organization description would be appropriate.
The Mission of the Bull Dog Alumni Association is to promote & support excellence at Columbus North High School for its students, faculty & alumni.
- Promote loyalty, camaraderie and school spirit among alumni, students, staff and supporters of the school through a variety of activities
- Assist with the funding of scholarships for current and graduating students
- Support the school’s various departments/groups by providing financial assistance
- Provide a central location for an all-inclusive alumni database in an effort to promote communication among its members and supporters
- Preserve accurate information of Columbus High School/Columbus North High School history and traditions
The Bull Dog Alumni Association was incorporated in May 2008. This alumni association represents the graduates of Columbus High School/Columbus North High School.
Columbus High School officially began in 1868. The school has been moved three times to different locations.
Columbus High School was split into Columbus North High School and Columbus East High School in the fall of 1972. CHS became known as Columbus North.
The Bull Dog Alumni Association is composed of an 18-member Board of Directors, including the executive director.
Seven of eight decades from the 1940’s through the 2010’s are represented by at least one alumna or alumnus. All directors, including the executive director, are volunteer positions and on alternating 3-year tenures.
The first official board meeting was May 2009.
Not-for-profit status was approved in July 2010. This association is a separate entity from Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation.