Thus far, the Alumni Association is proud of funding several major initiatives, including:
Student and Faculty Support:
• Up to 7 Scholarships – of $500 – $5,000 are awarded to graduating seniors each year
• Faculty/Student Support Grant program– of $100 – $2,000 awarded to departments or projects that can’t be otherwise funded.
• Annual Teacher and Staff Appreciation Luncheon
• Teacher Appreciation and Welcome Program – New for 2022!
Outreach and Communication to Alumni:
• Regular “True Blue” E-newsletters
• Circulation of over 4,000 graduates reached per issue
• Provide class reunion assistance
• Development of Alumni Directory
Celebration and Preservation of Bull Dog History:
• Bull Dog Hall of Fame
• Veterans Memorial Display and Memorabilia Display Case
Examples of Faculty/Student Support Grants:
• Fund substitute teachers to allow off site English Department Curriculum Review
• Cover AP test fees and subsidize Show Choir fees for students with financial need
• Sponsored cost of Indiana Poet Laureate presentation at CNHS
• Purchased materials for Literature in Life Skills program
• Updated equipment for athletic teams weight training
• Subsidize entry fees or travel costs for Debate, Spell Bowl, Science Olympiad teams
• Help fund Courtyard Native Plant renovation
• Help fund (upcoming) Diego Rivera Art Exhibit rental
Our Major Accomplishments:
• In the past 6 years alone, over $123,000 in scholarships/grants have been awarded
• 7 ongoing scholarship programs established.
• In 2022, $10,000 was awarded to 7 graduating seniors.
• Over 550 commemorative bricks engraved/installed in the Alumni Brick Plaza.
• 7 Dedicated Endowment funds have been established to honor special Bull Dog faculty and/or alumni – and are funding annual scholarships and/or grants.
Awarded 6 Outstanding Teachers of the Year:
(Honorarium awarded to each teacher)
• 2016 – Laurie Pfaffenberger
• 2017 – Dale Nowlin
• 2018 – Mike Spock
• 2019 – Sue Green
• 2021 – Jason Perry
• 2022 – Scott Seavers
• Dedication of Veterans’ Memorial display honoring over 90 alumni who died in service to our country.