Glenn W. Thompson
Glenn was an Indiana University graduate in 1921, and received honorary law degrees from DePauw University, Indiana Central College and Franklin College. He taught briefly at Columbus High School, and was principal at Garfield Grade School.
He was the president of Arvin from 1945 to 1960, and was chairman of the board from 1954 to 1969. Glenn was president of many local organizations, including the Chamber of Commerce, American Red Cross, Rotary, Foundation for Youth, and the school board.
He was president of the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, vice-president of Radio & Television Manufacturers Association of America, and chairman of the Boys Club Council for Indiana-Ohio-Kentucky region.
Glenn was a representative of Bartholomew County in the Indiana State Legislature. He was chairman of the board of directors of DePauw University for 10 years, president of the Board of Governors of the Associated Colleges of Indiana, and chairman of the local effort to raise money to build Memorial Gymnasium without using tax dollars. Over $1 million was pledged in two weeks in December, 1952.